Native Arts and Cultures Foundation’s (NACF) Programs staff — Director of Programs, Francene Blythe; Senior Arts Manager, Stephen Blanchett; and Program Coordinator, Laura Cales — attended The Southwest Association for Indian Arts 96th Annual Santa Fe Indian Market this August 2017. Blessed with beautiful weather, thousands enjoyed this vibrant event of arts, cultures, food, dance, and more. This was our Program Coordinator’s first time attending, and it was wonderful opportunity for her and the rest of the Programs team to connect with new and old friends, including several NACF Fellows. The Market featured the work of many current and past NACF Fellows, including:
- Kelly Church, 2015 National Artist Fellow
- Jeremy Frey, 2014 National Artist Fellow
- TahNibaa Naataanii, 2017 Mentor Artist Fellow
- Kevin Pourier, 2014 Upper Plains Fellow
- Cara Romero, 2017 Mentor Artist Fellow
- Mateo Romero, 2016 National Artist Fellow
- Laura Wong-Whitebear, 2017 Mentor Artist Fellow
In addition to Indian Market, Santa Fe was bursting with activity for the days leading up to and after the Market — performances, museum and gallery exhibitions, public talks, events, and more, offered attendees an even broader glimpse at the diverse community of artists and organizations gathered in Santa Fe. NACF was thrilled to be a part of such a vibrant experience, and looks forward to attending for years to come.
Check out our 2017 Santa Fe Indian Market photos on our Instagram!