We envision the building of philanthropy to support Native arts and cultures. To that end, we offer this gathering of resources for Native artists and/or arts & cultural organizations as a springboard to identify career, program and project support. Please check back as we continually add new resources, and visit our blog for more opportunities.
About Grants for Artists and Arts Organizations
- The Foundation Center
- Nonprofit Hub
- The GrantWriting Handbook for Alaska Native Artists & Organizations by the Ciri Foundation is helpful even if you do not you live in Alaska!
State and Regional Resources
- State Arts Agency Directory.
- In addition to State Arts Agencies, thousands of Local Arts Agencies exist across the United States, providing a wide range of programs and services, including grants and grant-writing support. Contact your State Arts Agency to learn what is available near you.
- The Ciri Foundation, Alaska
- The New England Foundation for the Arts
- The Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
- The Western Arts Alliance, touring and performing arts professionals.
- The Office of Hawaiian Affairs
- Hawai’i State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) project-based grants encourage partnership between artists and non-profit organizations. The only individual artist grants available are to Creative Writers and Translators. You can request to see the applications of any successful past grant.
- Nominate a master traditional artist to the National Heritage Fellows Program (NEA).
- The National Endowment for the Humanities: grants for educational, research, and cultural preservation programs.
- United States Department of Agriculture: programs and services for rural development and tribes
- Institute of Museum and Library Services grants advance innovation, lifelong learning, and cultural and civic engagement.
- Administration for Native Americans providing financial assistance and capacity building, gathering and sharing data, and advocating for improved policies within the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- WomenArts, grants for female artists and female-led projects.
Native-led Arts Funders in the United States
- Chamiza Foundation – Pueblo Indian tribes only
- First Peoples Fund
- Longhouse Education and Cultural Center – Washington and Oregon residents
- National Museum of the American Indian
- Seventh Generation Fund
- Vision Maker Media
Please note this is not a complete listing. Visit the Alliance of Artists Communities for an extensive directory or check our News blog for posts about upcoming deadlines.