We envision the building of philanthropy to support Native arts and cultures. To that end, we offer this gathering of resources for Native artists and/or arts & cultural organizations as a springboard to identify career, program and project support. Visit our blog for ongoing opportunities.
Additionally, we recommend First American Art magazine as a resource of interest for Native artists and Native-led arts organizations.
ABOUT GRANTS FOR ARTISTS & ARTS ORGANIZATIONS
- The Foundation Center
- Nonprofit Hub
- The GrantWriting Handbook for Alaska Native Artists & Organizations by the Ciri Foundation is helpful even if you do not you live in Alaska!
STATE & REGIONAL RESOURCES
- State Arts Agency Directory.
- In addition to State Arts Agencies, thousands of Local Arts Agencies exist across the United States, providing a wide range of programs and services, including grants and grant-writing support. Contact your State Arts Agency to learn what is available near you.
- The Ciri Foundation, Alaska
- The New England Foundation for the Arts
- The Mid Atlantic Arts Foundation
- The Western Arts Alliance, touring and performing arts professionals.
- The Office of Hawaiian Affairs
- Hawai’i State Foundation on Culture and the Arts
- National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) project-based grants encourage partnership between artists and non-profit organizations. The only individual artist grants available are to Creative Writers and Translators. You can request to see the applications of any successful past grant.
- Nominate a master traditional artist to the National Heritage Fellows Program (NEA).
- The National Endowment for the Humanities: grants for educational, research, and cultural preservation programs.
- United States Department of Agriculture: programs and services for rural development and tribes
- Institute of Museum and Library Services grants advance innovation, lifelong learning, and cultural and civic engagement.
- Administration for Native Americans providing financial assistance and capacity building, gathering and sharing data, and advocating for improved policies within the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services.
- WomenArts, grants for female artists and female-led projects.