Programmed by the Native Arts and Cultures Foundation and We Can Listen, seven Native American artists share their perspectives through their art. The first half of the program will focus on each artist’s story through their work.
In the second half of the program, the discussion will focus on how the artists work addresses justice issues that affect Native communities locally and globally. The conversation will also include an exploration on how the artists work address issues around visibility, identity, essentialism and stereotype.
- Cassandra Frost, Actress, Member of The Cheyenne River Sioux of South Dakota
- Anthony Hudson/Carla Rossi, Multidisciplinary Artist/Writer/Performer/Filmmaker, Grand Ronde
- LaRonn Katchia, Filmmaker, Tribal member Warm Springs Indian Reservation
- Jacqueline Keeler, Writer, Diné/Ihanktonwan
- Brenda Mallory, Visual Artist, Citizen of the Cherokee Nation of Oklahoma
- Isaac Trimble, Film producer, Flute maker, Apache/Yaqui
- Shirod Younker, Traditional/Multidisciplinary, Coquille & Coos
Moderated by Grammy-nominated local recording artist and theatrical performer Julianne R. Johnson